Re: Elocution

From: Dennis Björklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, Paul Ramsey <pramsey(at)refractions(dot)net>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Elocution
Date: 2002-12-10 06:02:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Justin Clift wrote:

> inclined to play fair in the Open Source Community. Can't count how
> many times I've asked them privately and publically to update their
> pages on the main MySQL site in relation to PostgreSQL.

Isn't the benchmark itself available so that one person coulp spend a
weekend comparing pg 7.3 with whatever is the latest mysql at the moment.
Then there is of course the problem that the benchmark is made to show the
good side of mysql, but I would be interested in the result just because
of that.

--
/Dennis