Re: configure

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Matt Mackenzie <mmackenzie(at)infinityhealthcare(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: configure
Date: 2002-11-20 17:40:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Matt Mackenzie writes:

> I looked @ the configure script and realised my problem was the lack of
> ncurses libs on my machine. I would respectfuly request a more
> informative readline not found. Perhaps the fix is just to place this in
> the readline part of the documentation.

I think it would be tricky to determine that it is in fact the missing
curses library that is making things fail. You should probably look at
fixing your operating system's package management system which let you
create a broken readline installation in the first place.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net