Re: postmaster, but not pg_ctl -i -i

From: "Aurangzeb M(dot) Agha" <aagha(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postmaster, but not pg_ctl -i -i
Date: 2002-11-14 16:32:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom, you're right. The postmaster command specifying the port failed as
well, but I can run fine on a different port (5433).

Where can I find a list of the different options I can pass postmaster and
pg_ctl?

I looked in the reference doc but all I see there is:

-o options
Specifies options to be passed directly to postmaster.
The parameters are usually surrounded by single or double quotes to ensure that they are passed
through as a group.

I'm specifically interested in knowing how to specify the port for pg_ctl,
but would like to know what the options for the two commands is as well.

Thx,
Aurangzeb