Re: [HACKERS] psqlODBC *nix Makefile (new 7.3 open item?)

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] psqlODBC *nix Makefile (new 7.3 open item?)
Date: 2002-10-01 20:04:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-odbc

Dave Page writes:

> > > majority of you!) knock up a makefile so the driver will build
> > > standalone on *nix systems please? There should be no
> > dependencies on
> > > any of the rest of the code - certainly there isn't for the Win32
> > > build.
> >
> > I'm working something out. I'll send it to you tomorrow.

Hah. I tried to put something together based on Automake and Libtool, but
I must conclude that Libtool is just completely utterly broken. I also
considered copying over Makefile.shlib, but that would draw in too many
auxiliary files and create a different kind of mess. So what I would
suggest right now as the course of action is to copy your local psqlodbc
subtree to its old location under interfaces/ and try to hook things
together that way.

Perhaps one of these days we should convert Makefile.shlib into a shell
script that we can deploy more easily to different projects.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net