Re: pg access links to another postgresdatabase

From: "C(dot) Maj" <cmaj(at)freedomcorpse(dot)info>
To: "John L(dot) Turner" <jlt(at)wvinter(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg access links to another postgresdatabase
Date: 2002-07-13 00:50:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, John L. Turner waxed:

> A newbie question:
>
> Is it correct to conclude that the Forms, Reports, Queries that
> PgAccess stores in database A can not refer to Queries, and Tables
> in another PostgresQL database ?
> ( e.g. MS Access links to other tables from the *mdb that stores the reports
> forms can module code).

As it stands now, yes, that's the case. One database per instance. If
this is a desirable feature, please file a note at bugzilla.pgaccess.org
and maybe we can see who has interest.

> Is there a example / sample application to see how all this works?

There is some initial discussion of a sample application on the
pgaccess.org mailing lists, trying to show off all the parts of
pgaccess. I think it is going to take the form of a Christmas Card
tracker.

--Chris Maj

--

cmaj_at_freedomcorpse_dot_info