Re: pg_dump user

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)oper(dot)metu(dot)edu(dot)tr>
To: Laurent Patureau <lpatureau(at)idfr(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump user
Date: 2002-02-15 08:06:04
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi,

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Laurent Patureau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anybody know a way to specifie a user when pg_dump ?
> I do a script with a system command "pg_dump dbname > out.sql" but my
> script run under user apache and apache is not granted to do it .

pg_dump dbname -u > out.sql

This is the syntax. However, if you want to do it in a shell script
(maybe in cron), use expect.
I have posted an example about a month ago. Please check the archives for
that.

Regards
Devrim

--

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim(at)oper(dot)metu(dot)edu(dot)tr
devrim(dot)gunduz(at)linux(dot)org(dot)tr
devrimg(at)tr(dot)net

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr