Microsoft SQL Server Replication

From: Nate Carlson <natecars(at)real-time(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Microsoft SQL Server Replication
Date: 2001-07-20 22:10:57
Lists: pgsql-general

We have a need to replicate a Microsoft SQL server out to a PostgreSQL
server. Pretty much, the client uses SQL server right now, and we don't
want to expose that to the internet in any way, so we want to set up a
Postgres box with the same data at the colo facility. Also helps to have a
box you can really admin remotely. :)

The data will never be updated on the Postgres box, so it will be a
one-way replication.

Is this possible? If so, anyone have pointers on where to go for
documentation on this?

Oh, and a SQL dump really won't work.. it's about 9gb of data right now
(getting larger every day), and changes to the main DB need to be
replicated in a timely fashion (5-10 minutes lag is OK, though).

I tried searching the archives, but they appear to be down. :(

--
Nate Carlson <natecars(at)real-time(dot)com> | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.real-time.com | Fax : (952)943-8500