Re: Buglist

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org>
To: postgres general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Buglist
Date: 2003-08-19 12:37:30
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On 19 Aug 2003, Bo Lorentsen wrote:

> Also have anyone tryed to compare the new transaction model in MySQL 4.x
> to PostgreSQL ?

Bo, I've recently started having to deal with MySQL. (Web sites
wanting/using php _need/have-to-have_ MySQL. Their words not mine.) And
from going from a "I dislike MySQL" to "I'm really hating MySQL" has been
getting easier and easier.
My dealings with MySQL are for the 3.xx version but I semi-followed a
thread on this several months ago so feel fully qualified to to throw in
my views. :-) My take on others research was that MySQL transaction
model is a bubble gum and bailing wire add on not an integral part of
MySQL. It _was_ tacked onto the top of the database so if either it or
MySQL failed you were likely to loose data.

> I'm looking forward to recive even more constructive arguements :-)

How about "Friends don't let friends use MySQL"?

Hopefully others with a stonger knowledge will provide this.

Rod