Re: System lockup

From: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
To: DeJuan Jackson <djackson(at)speedfc(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: System lockup
Date: 2003-04-01 00:18:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Yeah, I've been surprised how many times things like this are caused by
having the same person setup the machines making the same assumptions.
Especially the number of times it been me setting up the machines. :-)

Also, look for things like kernel settings that may be causing this kind
of problem. I've seen a lot of issues with dma settings, or odd cards.
do they share the same kind of, say, nics or raid controllers? Could be a
common bug in a driver there too. Good luck on finding and fixing it...