Re: System lockup

From: DeJuan Jackson <djackson(at)speedfc(dot)com>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: System lockup
Date: 2003-03-31 23:58:57
Lists: pgsql-general

The boxes that I've tested and gotten this problem on are as different
as night and day, it's easier to sum up the similarities [they are all
SMP systems with 2 processors (so your BIOS suggestion might fix things,
I'll try to take a look the next time one of them drops)].
I'm not sure if their BOIS/chipset maker is the same or not (Ones a
DELL and the others an IBM).