Re: postgresql 7.3 + IPv6 patch

From: Nigel Kukard <nkukard(at)lbsd(dot)net>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql 7.3 + IPv6 patch
Date: 2002-11-29 09:58:34
Lists: pgsql-patches

Updated patch attached...

> A few quibbles (which should not be construed as implying that
> "everything else is good", I was just skimming).

understood... thanks for the advice...

> 'configure' and 'src/backend/libpq/Makefile' are both derived files; any
> necessary changes should be made to 'configure.in' and 'Makefile.in',
> respectively.

fixed

> // comments are not portable (in theory, anyway).

fixed

> + /**
> + * isAF_INETx - check sa is wheter (AF_INET or AF_INET&) or not
> + *
> + * @args (IN) sa : SockAddr union
> + * @return : if sa->sa.sa_famil is AF_INET or AF_INET6 then
> + * return 1
> + * else
> + * return 0
> + */

fixed

> There are grammatical errors in the function description; also, we don't
> use doxygen, if that's what the markup in the comment header is.

fixed

> We use '(void)' in the function signature for functions that take no
> arguments, not '()'.

can't find anywhere i've used ()

> Disabling existing code with '#if 0' will obviously need to be changed
> before the patch is applied. More generally, does that patch make any

fixed

> provision for systems that don't yet support IPv6? If not, that seems a
> serious drawback...

i've tested it out on pure ipv4 based boxen, can you maybe test it out
there aswell?

--

Nigel Kukard (Chief Executive Officer)
Lando Technologies Africa (Pty) Ltd

The best language to use is the language that was designed for
what you want to use it for - 1997

Disclaimer
----------
The contents of this message and any attachments are intended
solely for the addressee's use and may be legally privileged and/or
confidential information. This message may not be retained,
distributed, copied or used if you are not he addressee of this
message. If this message was sent to you in error, please notify
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then destroy the message
and any copies thereof.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message may be
personal to the sender and is not that of Lando Technologies Africa
or any of it's subsideries, associated companies or principals and
is therefore not endorsed by any of the Lando groups of companies.
Due to e-maill communication being insecure, Lando groups of
companies do not guarantee confidentiality, security, accuracy or
performance of the e-mail. Any liability for viruses is excluded
to the fullest extent.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql_ipv6.patch text/plain 35.6 KB