Re: postgresql 7.3 + IPv6 patch

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Nigel Kukard <nkukard(at)lbsd(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql 7.3 + IPv6 patch
Date: 2002-11-29 08:01:51
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 02:35, Nigel Kukard wrote:
> We have just finished porting the old KAME IPv6 patch over to
> postgresql version 7.3, but yea... this patch adds full IPv6
> support to postgres. I've tested it out on 7.2.3 and has
> been running perfectly stable.

A few quibbles (which should not be construed as implying that
"everything else is good", I was just skimming).

'configure' and 'src/backend/libpq/Makefile' are both derived files; any
necessary changes should be made to 'configure.in' and 'Makefile.in',
respectively.

// comments are not portable (in theory, anyway).

+ /**
+ * isAF_INETx - check sa is wheter (AF_INET or AF_INET&) or not
+ *
+ * @args (IN) sa : SockAddr union
+ * @return : if sa->sa.sa_famil is AF_INET or AF_INET6 then
+ * return 1
+ * else
+ * return 0
+ */

There are grammatical errors in the function description; also, we don't
use doxygen, if that's what the markup in the comment header is.

We use '(void)' in the function signature for functions that take no
arguments, not '()'.

Disabling existing code with '#if 0' will obviously need to be changed
before the patch is applied. More generally, does that patch make any
provision for systems that don't yet support IPv6? If not, that seems a
serious drawback...

Cheers,

Neil
--
Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC