Re: TEXT Data Type

From: Michael Stephenson <mstephenson(at)tirin(dot)openworld(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TEXT Data Type
Date: 2002-11-19 17:38:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

The text type shouldn't have any limit, it seems more likely that your
string contains characters which haven't been correctly escaped, can you
try the following code and see if you still have the problem:

String sqlStr = "INSERT INTO news_articles VALUES (?, ?, ?)";
PreparedStatement pstmt = con.prepareStatement(sqlStr);
pstmt.setString(1, author);
pstmt.setString(2, title);
pstmt.setString(3, theLargeString);
pstmt.executeUpdate();

Michael

--
Web Applications Developer
Open World Ltd, 11 Riverside Court, Riverside Road, Bath, BA2 3DZ.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information contained in this message is confidential, intended only for
the use of the individual or the entity named as recipient. If the reader of
this message is not that recipient, you are notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copy of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately notify us by telephone on
the number above. Your co-operation is appreciated.