Re: Problem with reloading groups in pg_hba.conf

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with reloading groups in pg_hba.conf
Date: 2002-03-22 16:41:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane writes:

> I don't think GRANT CONNECT fits into our setup at all. I also doubt
> that it will be needed very much once we have schemas.

People have many times asked for a way to alter the connection settings
from within the database. For instance, you add users in the database,
but then you need to go elsewhere to give that user any access. Consider
GRANT CONNECT a built-in editor for pg_hba.conf. You don't have to
actually store the information in two separate places.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net