Re: Darwin/MacOSX 10.1.1 configure issues with b3

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Henry B(dot) Hotz" <hotz(at)jpl(dot)nasa(dot)gov>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Darwin/MacOSX 10.1.1 configure issues with b3
Date: 2001-12-02 11:41:21
Lists: pgsql-ports

Henry B. Hotz writes:

> Can't use tk. I loaded the alpha release of the native Aqua Tk port.
> It gets me a Wish Shell.app, not a /usr/bin/wish. This seems
> reasonable, but how do we get Postgres to use it? Can Postgres use
> it?

'wish' is used for PgAccess. We only need the command name to put it into
a shell script (which is what pgaccess is) so different names should work
if the call conventions are the same. You might want to try to configure
thus:

WISH='Wish Shell.app' ./configure ....

This doesn't affect pgtksh though, it's only that they're lumped together
under --with-tk.

> The Tcl header files are in two different non-standard places. I had
> to sudo ln -s to get links all in one directory since it appears you
> can only have one --with-includes configure option. At least the 8.4
> alpha includes the headers since the 8.3 with 10.0 didn't.

The tclConfig.sh file, which is the approved way of detecting Tcl-related
configuration information, doesn't provide any means to find out the
location of the header files, which makes for trouble on quite a few
operating systems.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net