Re: RFC: PostgreSQL and MySQL comparison.

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)rdw(dot)ru>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC: PostgreSQL and MySQL comparison.
Date: 2001-08-29 19:32:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Alexey Borzov writes:

> I suppose PgSQL has to take a more active stance as well. Consider
> "M$ vs Linux debates". Of course here both projects are Open Source so
> the discussion should not be as heated... But I do think that
> the statements in
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/M/y/MySQL-PostgreSQL_features.html
> should NOT go unanswered.

Okay, I answered them:

http://webmail.postgresql.org/~petere/comparison.html

(The domain should move to www.ca.postgresql.org in the next few days.
This is just a temporary location while the site meisters move things
around.)

I tried to be reasonable and biased at the same time. ;-)

This article does not go into the advantages of PostgreSQL, since that's
already done elsewhere, such as here:

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/features.html

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter