Re[2]: RFC: PostgreSQL and MySQL comparison.

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)rdw(dot)ru>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re[2]: RFC: PostgreSQL and MySQL comparison.
Date: 2001-08-30 07:55:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings, Peter!

At 29.08.2001, 23:32, you wrote:
>> But I do think that
>> the statements in
>> http://www.mysql.com/doc/M/y/MySQL-PostgreSQL_features.html
>> should NOT go unanswered.

PE> Okay, I answered them:

PE> http://webmail.postgresql.org/~petere/comparison.html

Looks good, but it's not exactly what I've had in mind. You see it
is too often considered that if someone has to justify oneself, he
is automatically guilty. I want to write an article that would
make MySQL's developers justify themselves...
Besides, one has to read the MySQL's article *before* this just to
understand what's this all about...

BTW, can I use parts of your answers in my work?

And, a question to SQL standard gurus: is it necessary for a DBMS
to implement subqueries and views to be considered entry-level
SQL92 compliant.
Besides, is there any document which has all PostgreSQL's
deviations from standard in one place?

--
Yours, Alexey V. Borzov, Webmaster of RDW.ru