ODBC include files

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC include files
Date: 2001-08-22 22:30:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Can someone explain the status of the include files that we currently
install with the ODBC driver: iodbc.h, isql.h, isqlext.h? Currently,
these clash with the include files that the actual iodbc package installs.
Their isql.h also contains the note

/*
* This file is deprecated in favor of sql.h and will be removed
* sometime in the future. Please recode your applications to use
* the standard names sql.h, sqlext.h and sqltypes.h.
*/

I also see that our isqlext.h includes isql.h without an iodbc/ path
prefix, which seems incorrect.

Is there something that might need updating here? If I were to write an
ODBC application, which package's files should I include?

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter