Re: Running config vars

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jim Buttafuoco <jim(at)buttafuoco(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Running config vars
Date: 2001-05-18 15:59:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian writes:

> I will try to get this feature into 7.2, though as backend code.

I've long been thinking that the SET/RESET/SHOW commands could be
implemented as stored procedures and/or functions. That way you could
cleanly return the settings to the client application and compose new
values out of arbitrary expressions. If ever functions can return
multiple rows you could also arrange for them to show all current
settings.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter