Re: Perl DBI documentation

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Perl DBI documentation
Date: 2001-04-18 18:37:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Brett W. McCoy writes:

> I was looking through the docs for PostgreSQL and it suddenly struck me
> that there is no reference for any of the Perl interfaces, neither the
> native Pg module or DBD::Pg. Is there a reason for this? Surely, at
> least DBI should be mentioned along with ODBC and JDBC!

The reason that DBI is not documented is that PostgreSQL doesn't ship a
DBD/DBI interface. The Pg module is documented as a man page and perldoc.
The reason that it's not in DocBook yet is not unrelated to the fact that
no one has ever volunteered to prepare such documentation. I've been
experimenting with a Perldoc -> DocBook tool, so maybe 7.2 will have
something there.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter