Re: Fw: porting to AIX

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: kevin mclaughlin <kevinmcl(at)cwjamaica(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fw: porting to AIX
Date: 2001-04-12 22:47:36
Lists: pgsql-ports

kevin mclaughlin writes:

> I was trying to get postgresql to compile on AIX 3.2.5 and on AIX 4.something, I don't remember, but can check. Anyway, neither compile worked. I was using the c compiler that came with AIX. Using the patch sent to the list by Peter Eisentraut, will the compilation work on 3.2.5 with the default compiler, or will I have to install GCC. Also, any other hints will be appreciated. By the way, how do you apply this patch, anyway.

The best bet at getting help with building and porting problems is to
follow the installation instructions closely, show what you did and what
failed. "Didn't work" won't get anything solved. For a start you could
download the latest release candidate of PostgreSQL 7.1. That patch I
posted, btw., is only a fix for a particular subversion of AIX 4.* and
it's included in the latest release candidate.