Fw: porting to AIX

From: kevinmcl(at)cwjamaica(dot)com (kevin mclaughlin)
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fw: porting to AIX
Date: 2001-04-12 02:28:56
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi All,

I was trying to get postgresql to compile on AIX 3.2.5 and on AIX 4.something, I don't remember, but can check. Anyway, neither compile worked. I was using the c compiler that came with AIX. Using the patch sent to the list by Peter Eisentraut, will the compilation work on 3.2.5 with the default compiler, or will I have to install GCC. Also, any other hints will be appreciated. By the way, how do you apply this patch, anyway.

Regards,
Kevin McLaughlin