Re: python build/Current CVS/UnixWare

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: python build/Current CVS/UnixWare
Date: 2001-02-07 18:34:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Larry Rosenman writes:

> In the current CVS, the PYTHON build sets LDSHARED to ld -G, not
> cc -G. It passes -Wl,-h,... to the ld command, and breaks.
>
> ALL shared library builds on UnixWare should use cc -G or CC -g as
> appropriate.

I have arranged for the -Wl,-h to be left out in the Python build. The ld
vs cc thing you have to take up with the Python folks. I'm not convinced
their infrastructure works too well. For example, we might have to pull
the same kludge as we do for the Perl interface build on some platforms.

Eventually we might be able to write our own rules for this and not use
the Python build infrastructure. Not now, though.