Prepared queries and ANALYZE

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Prepared queries and ANALYZE
Date: 2003-04-27 23:18:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

Looking through the query preparing and stats analyze code, I noticed that
prepared queries using an analyzed table are not replanned. I imagine that
some users of prepared queries would not want the above behaviour, plan
stability etc, but surely others would.

I didn't notice any discusion of this in the list archives. Any technical
reasons why this shouldn't happen?

Thanks,

Gavin