Re: non-us datestyle

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: non-us datestyle
Date: 2001-07-05 08:34:43
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-odbc

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com> writes:
> > Is there a way to set the default date style to non-US (European)?
>
> You can set PGDATESTYLE in the postmaster's environment, I think.
>
> This should be a GUC variable (hence settable in postgresql.conf)
> but isn't yet.
>
> regards, tom lane

I assume this is in a todo or already done?

FYI, for what we need we actually don't need to set the datestyle. If you
go through ODBC (Win/Access), it will take the system's regional settings
and use those (for display and input). Anyway, thanks for the answers.

BTW, is there a header file or something simple to change to default
everything to European so we don't have to worry about postmaster options?

-Cedar