Does this table exist?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)protecne(dot)cl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Does this table exist?
Date: 2000-11-02 20:44:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I'm Alvaro Herrera, from Chile, South America, where I study CS
(mostly). I'm new to PostgreSQL and to SQL in general.

That's for my introduction.

Now, I'm building a database to hold customer data that needs to be
organized in a one-table-per-customer manner. No, I don't think there's
another way to do this, as these tables are potentially very big not in
the sense that I have too many customers, but in that I need to hold
very large amounts of data for each.

Now, the question is: Is there a way to know if a given table exist?
Besides doing a direct query to it, of course, as I think that would be
too much of a dinamite-fishing way of doing it.

Thanks in advance, and excuse my poor english if it offends you.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[(at)]protecne(dot)cl>)