Re: Access and PGSQL

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access and PGSQL
Date: 2000-10-07 14:43:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I found one vague mention of relinking tables in the Access 'Building
Applications' book, p.635. Take a look in the 'Developer Solutions'
database. This is supplied with Access 97 but I don't think it's
installed by default so you may have to install it. It also used the
northwind.mdb database, which contains the tables it links to.

In 'Developer Solutions', look (at the bottom I think) for 'Link tables at
startup'. There's some VB code for relinking tables. We adapted this
code for relinking to PGSQL via ODBC. This code is meant to relink tables
when the northwind database can't be found. You'll probably just want to
study the code to figure out how it works, then write your own code. In
your case you'll probably just want to relink everything at startup
regardless, or perhaps just have a 'relink' button on your main form.

Hope this helps..

-Cedar