Re: create user and transactions

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: create user and transactions
Date: 2000-06-17 13:02:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart writes:

> The ODBC driver has trouble with 7.0.x for some apps. 7.0.x has some
> additional "error checking" which rejects some commands appearing inside
> of transactions. Can we consider relaxing this, particularly since we
> are considering making some of these "rejecting conditions"
> transaction-friendly in a future release?

I can supply a patch for the create/drop user case since there's not much
to be lost there. But what about databases? AFAIK there are no plans on
making their creation and removal transaction friendly at all, so we'd be
in "NOTICE: don't do that" mode for a very long time.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala