Re: [HACKERS] initdb problems on Solaris

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu>
Cc: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] initdb problems on Solaris
Date: 2000-01-22 14:24:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2000-01-20, Ross J. Reedstrom mentioned:

> Peter -
> If you're going to look at the id for initdb, please consider the
> NT port as well. This may be more of a problem with cygwin than pgsql,
> but pg_id didn't work correctly, and I had to hack on the initdb script
> to get it to to run, with a 6.5.3 install, recently.

Oh dear, I just wrote a new pg_id thingy that fulfills all my initdb
wishes (no id, not whoami vs 'who am i', no Solaris stupidities), but
what's now? How does NT/Cygwin handle it? Don't they have a geteuid()
function? Feel free to hack up pg_id to always return 42 in that case.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala