Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] RE: file name error (fwd)

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [DOCS] RE: file name error (fwd)
Date: 1999-11-24 17:28:23
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On 1999-11-23, Thomas Lockhart mentioned:

> Was someone going to rewrite the installation procedure? I was looking
> at it myself and agree with the thread from a month or two ago that it
> is *much* too complicated and verbose. Several steps should be moved
> to subsequent sections as reference or backup material (e.g. flex,
> regression tests), and the whole thing could be substantially
> condensed.

Along the way, I am currently collecting evidence for a
installation/makefile/autoconf/source tree cleanup. The documentation
update should probably be done along with this. When I get some time (not
before the end of this year) I would be willing to work on this, perhaps
together with Vince, as he had some good ideas a while back.

-Peter

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala