Re: [DOCS] RE: file name error (fwd)

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] RE: file name error (fwd)
Date: 1999-11-23 14:28:51
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

> http://postgresql.org/docs/admin/install761.htm
> steps in the list which have problems are:
> 4, 6, 10, and 26
> due to the "v" in the filename which is not in the filename on the FTP server.
> other parts of the install process have incorrect paths

Was someone going to rewrite the installation procedure? I was looking
at it myself and agree with the thread from a month or two ago that it
is *much* too complicated and verbose. Several steps should be moved
to subsequent sections as reference or backup material (e.g. flex,
regression tests), and the whole thing could be substantially
condensed.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California