Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ...

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ...
Date: 1999-11-06 22:18:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Basically, you can update the ports listing to state that with
> > the alpha patches on my web site (or in the pgsql-patches mailing list
> > archive), pgsql runs great with no problems on Linux/Alpha save for a few
> > (harmless) unaligned access now and then.
>
> Sorry, the patches Ryan has posted are the same or different than the
> ones Lamar is using/packaging?

Uhh.. I think I lost you, or you lost me... I do not know which
patches Lamar is using, but I assume they would be the pgsql 6.5.2
linux/alpha patches. And I have already stated twice that they apply
cleanly to 6.5.3 pre-release, and work fine. Would it just be easier if I
took my patch file, renamed it to 6.5.3, and released it again? :)

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |