Re: ORACLE COMMENT statement

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Mike Mascari <mascarim(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ORACLE COMMENT statement
Date: 1999-10-16 19:37:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have another question regarding this: It seems that you can attach a
description (or comment, as it is) to any oid. (Not with this command, but
in general). Is this restricted to system oids (like below 16000 or
whatever it was)? Otherwise comments on any user tuple could be created.
Perhaps this should be explicitly prevented or allowed. In the latter case
perhaps the comment statement could be tweaked. Not sure. Just wondering.

-Peter

On Oct 14, Mike Mascari mentioned:

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders vaeg 10:115