Re: Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?

From: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Frank Jördens <frank(at)joerdens(dot)de>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?
Date: 2000-10-31 15:39:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> ODBC to work with 7.1. Does this (the fact that patches to the ODBC
> driver had been waiting in the wings) mean that the ODBC driver in the
> snapshot from last week (19th) - this is the version I am currently
> using, which has been working great (including TOAST!) so far - won't
> work?
I'm almost sure that the current WinODBC driver (v6.5) will work with the
new PG (7.1) but I didn't try it. The meaning of "we currently haven't got
a maintainer" is that if some development is required on the connection
part of the whole thing for 7.1, it is almost surely not written yet. In
other words, no new features are included in the driver since 7.0 beta
releases. AFAIK the TOAST implementation didn't change anything in the
connection part, there are only changes in backend internals.

So don't panic about the version number of the driver which is still 6.5.

Regards, Zoltan