Re: Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Frank Jördens <frank(at)joerdens(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: new maintainer for the ODBC driver?
Date: 2000-10-27 15:59:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> > > Hi Zoltan. I *finally* committed your patches to the main tree a few
> > > minutes ago. Sorry for the huge delay.
> Sorry, I don't have the originial mails to this thread (I've only been
> subscribed to Interfaces since Thursday). I am currently trying to get
> ODBC to work with 7.1. Does this (the fact that patches to the ODBC
> driver had been waiting in the wings) mean that the ODBC driver in the
> snapshot from last week (19th) - this is the version I am currently
> using, which has been working great (including TOAST!) so far - won't
> work?

??

If the driver is working for you now, it will continue to work. Zoltan
fixed a couple of features related to error reporting and to referential
integrity. If you need those then the patches might help.

If the driver is not working for you now, be sure you rtfm. Setting it
up for the first time is usually not trivial, though it is if a miracle
happens and you do every step in exactly the right way (even the steps
which are not well described, hence the miracle ;)

- Thomas