How to close transaction?

From: ds(at)ics(dot)elcom(dot)ru
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: How to close transaction?
Date: 1999-09-02 15:54:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

If I use RAISE EXCEPTION operator in stored procedure, should I call
ROLLBACK in client application to complete the transaction?

Now I'm getting notice from postgres backend:

UserAbortTransactionBlock and not in in-progress state

It seems to me I call ROLLBACK when the transaction does not exist
already? Am I right?

Where can I read more about different notice and error messages?

Thanks,

Dmitry Sorokin