Re: [HACKERS] Re: CORBA again. (was: light dawns: serious bug in FE/BE protocol handling)

From: Todd Graham Lewis <tlewis(at)mindspring(dot)net>
To: Taral <taral(at)taral(dot)net>
Cc: Goran Thyni <goran(at)kyla(dot)kiruna(dot)se>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: CORBA again. (was: light dawns: serious bug in FE/BE protocol handling)
Date: 1999-04-26 18:18:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Taral wrote:

> The most important thing we need support for is CORBA 2.2 itself, which
> when I started this, was only supported by CORBA. Also, I would like
> support for the LifeCycle service (I think), the Security service, the
> Transaction service, and maybe others I can't think of right now.

I am almost done with the first version of the GNU Transaction Server.
It uses ORBit for its own needs, but there's no reason you couldn't use
other ORBs as clients if they were appropriately modified. I plan on
so modifying ORBit.

--
Todd Graham Lewis Postmaster, MindSpring Enterprises
tlewis(at)mindspring(dot)net (800) 719-4664, x22804

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood." -- George S. Patton