Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres

From: "Aldrin L(dot)" <aldrin(at)americasnet(dot)com>
To: Chris Johnson <cmj(at)inline-design(dot)com>
Cc: Stephane Dupille <sdupille(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres
Date: 1998-09-12 01:20:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Chris Johnson wrote:

> Come on now - this isn't a real solution! If the site is popular then he
> will get more than 50 connections... fastcgi or not he will be over that
> limit.

Hm... i think on about three things:

- Opening a connection does have some overhead on the system;
- As far as i know, FastCGI has a system to schedule/organize
sessions. If you have one single FastCGI instance opened, it can serve two
diferent (simultaneous) processes by letting one of them waiting. And as
far i know, these delay isn't crucial. :]
- Opening a process is a futile overhead. That's why we have
thing like isapi/nsapi. :]

done. Aldrin Leal <aldrin(at)americasnet(dot)com>