Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres

From: Roelof Osinga <roelof(at)eboa(dot)com>
To: Stephane Dupille <sdupille(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres
Date: 1998-09-12 01:37:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

Stephane Dupille wrote:

> Hi there !
>
> I got a problem with postgres on a heavy-loaded machine.
>
> I use postgres for a web-server. I access the database with a perl-5
> CGI.

A possible solution would be to switch to PHP3. You didn't say
what webserver you're using, but if it is apache then PHP3 runs
as a module. Also, PHP3 has persistent database connections. It
would mean a rewrite, though.

Roelof

Eboa (ingenieursburo Office Automation) web. http://eboa.com/
P.O. Box 55 mail info(at)eboa(dot)com
Weerd 24
8900 AB Leeuwarden tel. +31-582123014
the Netherlands fax. +31-582160293
Ing. Roelof Osinga roelof(at)eboa(dot)com