Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc notification

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)taer(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: Brett McCormick <brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] jdbc notification
Date: 1998-07-21 12:28:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Brett McCormick wrote:

> I looked at the jdbc source and it doesn't look like there's currently
> much of a way to get at the notification information. I notice it is
> read & stored in variables, but this information is not stored
> anywhere. I assume it is because JDBC does not support it. Is there
> any way to utilize postgresql notification with the JDBC driver?

The development version of the driver for 6.4 does include methods to get
at these variables (they are needed for the object serialization code).

Notification shouldn't be too difficult to add, even though it isn't true
JDBC.

--
Peter Mount (at work) peter(at)taer(dot)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk or peter(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk
If you mail me here, please cc my home address peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk