Re: [INTERFACES] Jdbc-Browser and Applet restrictions

From: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Elaine Arajo <elaine(at)compacto(dot)nexos(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Jdbc-Browser and Applet restrictions
Date: 1998-07-09 06:21:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Elaine Arajo wrote:

> I did an applet in Java, using Jdbc to access a Postgre database. But i
> can't view the result of my query on the browser, i only see it on the
> appletviewer and with aplications. I think that it is a problem with
> applets or browsers restrictions. Am i right? Someone know how could i
> resolve this problem?

Applet security restricts JDBC to access only a database that is stored on
the web server the applet was downloaded from.

However, the other thing that may be restricting you is that the browser
may not be supporting the entire 1.1 JDK (most are still 1.0.2, which
doesn't support JDBC).

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk or petermount(at)earthling(dot)net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk