Re: Client/Server Security question

From: Matthew Hixson <hixson(at)poindextrose(dot)org>
To: Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Client/Server Security question
Date: 2001-04-22 21:07:08
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces pgsql-sql

Hi Lonnie,
This is one of the reasons we are moving to an EJB server at work (we're
using Oracle there, but they wanted to accomplish the same thing you want
to do with Postgres). By exposing specialized interfaces to the db we
effectively limit the types of queries that can be run. That might be
more overhead than you want to deal with in your application, but for us
it makes sense because we have so many different types of applications
hitting the db (servlets and JSP pages, Swing applications, perl scripts,
C programs, etc...)
-M@

--
There are more things in heaven and earth,
Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.