removing extraneous objects?

From: Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie_cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: removing extraneous objects?
Date: 2001-04-22 17:35:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello All,

Hope that you all are doing well.

Well, I have finally been able to set up the extensions needed for our project
but have another question that is not entirely related to just pgsql.

Right now, when I compile up my "file.so" there are object files included that
are actually not being used and thus my "file.so" is very large.

Is there soem g++ command line switch that I can use to tell the compile NOT to
include the object files which are not needed?

Cheers,
Lonnie