Re: [SQL] Are there JDBC that used with PostgreSQL?

From: Peter Mount <pgsqlsql(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Chaitad Huangsamphan <dbarch(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Are there JDBC that used with PostgreSQL?
Date: 1998-05-23 08:57:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Chaitad Huangsamphan wrote:

> I'm a beginner java programmer that have a thesis implementation on
> PostgreSQL.
>
> First I have to find a suitable programming language to query data on
> PostgreSQL
> (except perl).
> Please advise me which one is the easiest.
>
> Then I have to find JDBC, ODBC and API that JAVA can communicate with
> PostgreSQL.

Postgresql comes with it's own JDBC driver, which will work with any
platform that supports JDK1.1 or later.

You can also use ODBC on the Windows platform via the JDBC-ODBC bridge.
This is slightly faster, but limits you to the Windows platform.

Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk or petermount(at)earthling(dot)net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
************ Someday I may rebuild this signature completely ;-) ************
Work Homepage: http://www.maidstone.gov.uk Work EMail: peter(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk