Re: Can we lock down the old developer wiki?

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can we lock down the old developer wiki?
Date: 2008-04-29 08:18:29
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Dave Page wrote:

> We could probably hack up an apache rewrite rule to do it at the http
> level if we're now happy to completely lose the old wiki.

In the last month I've fished three things out of the old wiki that didn't
make it over to the new one: one from my user page, one from a talk page,
and another thing I realized I needed out of the old page history.
There's still a small amount of information that's there but not on the
new one people may yet miss.

In that same time, exactly one person made two trivial wasted changes to
the old wiki in a session, went "oops, did that on the wrong one", then
made the same changes to the correct wiki shortly afterward. My response
remains: so what? That's a really small problem. Sure, eventually the
old site will go poof, but I'm not seeing any evidence that needs to be
accelerated--especially since there are some small unmigrated bits
lingering around.