Re: Cafeconf 2007

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Cc: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy List <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cafeconf 2007
Date: 2007-09-28 17:10:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Josh Berkus wrote:

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.83
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.84

Quick update on these...I've been informed of two issues I'm told are
incorrect in there:

-I suggest ALTER TABLE need a more aggressive lock on MySQL than Postgres,
which isn't true.

-The MySQL InnoDB implementation is mathematically serializable, where as
the Postgres one isn't, so in that particular case they actually implement
more strict transaction semantics.

I'll be fixing the text when I get time to address these fully, just
didn't want anyone else to propagate these mistakes before I get to it.