Re: Not ready for 8.3

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not ready for 8.3
Date: 2007-05-17 13:46:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> For this item at least the work has been done in showing how to set up a
> local mirror using rsync instead of CVSup...although frankly it would be
> better to import the information rather than just refer to the buildfarm
> HOWTO.

The information in the buildfarm HOWTO has maybe 1/2 of what you need to
know--you get a local mirror out of it but no idea how to then use that on
the client side to branch and generate patches. And what it does provide
is less helpful than it might be because it includes diversions specific
to the buildfarm application I found confusing.