Re: NuSphere and PostgreSQL for windows

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: NuSphere and PostgreSQL for windows
Date: 2003-09-19 13:58:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Robert,

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Robert Treat wrote:

> >From the folks who brought you lawsuits with mysql... If it is true it
> is the first I have heard of it. While I don't see why it couldn't be
> true (as nusphere did market a mysql database at one time) it seems a
> little odd since this would be pretty direct competition with their
> parent company, Progress Software. The other odd part being that they
> are looking for a developer in Moscow, I didn't know they had offices in
> Russia and I don't see mention of any on thier website.
>
> Oleg, depending on the confidentially level of the letter (given that
> some core members work for would be direct competitors), could you
> forward it to this list or perhaps some of us directly? I'm sure
> Josh/myself would like to take a look, it could have interesting
> ramifications from an advocacy point-of-view.

there is nothing to add, except the company was mentioned as
NuSphere (PeerDirect) and From: field was nusphere.com. It's interesting
that the message was sent to me and Teodor Sigaev. I recall,
a year ago I got message from one russian developer about something like
GiST for MySQL. He is the author of UdmSearch (MnogoSearch).

> Robert Treat
>
> On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 06:51, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I got message from nusphere.com about windows port of PostgreSQL.
> > They're looking for full time developer in Russia,Moscow.
> >
> > Is this is a joke ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Oleg
> > Oleg Bartunov, sci.researcher, hostmaster of AstroNet,
> > Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University (Russia)
> > Internet: oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
> > phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83