Re: NuSphere and PostgreSQL for windows

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: NuSphere and PostgreSQL for windows
Date: 2003-09-19 15:25:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su> writes:
> I got message from nusphere.com about windows port of PostgreSQL.
> They're looking for full time developer in Russia,Moscow.

> Is this is a joke ?

No, I expect they're serious. NuSphere does still own the PeerDirect
windows port that Jan worked on at his former job. They need someone
to maintain that and bring it forward to newer versions of PG. It's
not going to be a long-term product (assuming that we ever finish the
community's native port), so they need to keep the costs down. I'm
not surprised that they'd be looking to send the development overseas
instead of keeping it at their US offices.