Re: JDBC rewriting a bad query?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Woody Woodring <george(dot)woodring(at)iglass(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC rewriting a bad query?
Date: 2008-03-18 05:50:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Woody Woodring wrote:

> I have an issue that I am trying to understand. We had an issue where we
> had a query with a syntax error, but we would not get any errors in the log
> files. It turns out that the query was being shortened by the time it got
> to the server and not causing an error. The version of jdbc driver we are
> running is 8.2-507

Are you sure you are running 8.2-507? This bug was fixed early in the 8.2
series:

Version 8.2-dev501 (2006-02-09):

When performing replace processing we must continue processing until we
hit the end of a user supplied query, not just once we've detected the end
of a valid query. Consider the example: SELECT a FROM t WHERE (1>0)) ORDER
BY a; We must send the whole query to the backend, not just the section
before the last closing parenthesis. (jurka) Thanks to Senden Kris.

Kris Jurka